The Headland Methodist Church was organized under a brush arbor on the present church cemetery site on the west side of Headland about 1879.
According to information located in a Quarterly Conference Record Book for the Gordon Circuit, Marianna District, the Headland Methodist Church was on the Gordon Circuit as early as March 1882.
Reverend A.P. "Tine" Peacock was the first recorded minister. In about 1884,the first primitive one room frame structure was erected on this site and is believed to be the historical birth of the Headland United Methodist Church. The church remained at this site until 1907 when a one room brick structure was built on the corner of West Church and Forrest Streets.
Sunday school rooms and a kitchen were added about 1931. At this time the Headland Church was part of the Headland-Midland City Circuit with part time preaching at Newville. In November 1940, the Headland Methodist Church became a full time charge. Soon after 1940,interest was expressed for a new church building. In the spring of 1949, construction began on the sanctuary and Sunday school rooms. Dedication ceremonies were held September 24, 1953. As the congregation continued to grow, these facilities proved to be too small. Plans were formulated for a Memorial Building which house offices for the pastor, the secretary, a modern kitchen, a library and music room. It was also decided that the parsonage should be relocated to the present site.
These buildings were completed about 1964.